The B-2 visa is a non-immigrant US immigration document. Individuals can use this visa to enter the United States for a specific period of time for tourism, leisure, or family visits.
- Visit the country on a vacation.
- Visit the capital and other major cities in the nation.
- Visit friends or family.
- Participate in social activities organized by communities and organisations.
- Visit the country for medical care.
- Participate in athletic or musical events.
- Take part in short-term education opportunities
The United States is home to one of the most prosperous economies in the world. For the short term visitors/tourists, US B2 Visa is the best way to opt for.
The duration of waiting for a US B2 Visa is typically 6 months of issue but, in some cases, if it is to be issued as a multiple entry visa, it might take up to 10 years.
Here are some things to keep in mind whilst applying for a US B2 Visa:
- You must be able to persuade a US consular official at a US Embassy or Consulate that you are not visiting the country with the goal of becoming an immigrant.
- You must provide evidence and arguments to demonstrate that you would definitely return to your original nation.
- To schedule an appointment for biometrics (finger scan) and visa consulting, you must make an appointment.
- Children under the age of 14 and adults over the age of 80 are not required to attend the Consulate/Embassy for an interview and can submit their paperwork instead at the visa application centre.
- If you already have a US Visit Visa and are applying for renewal, you may renew your visa in person at the visa application centre by scheduling an appointment and submitting the papers.
The visa is generally completed in two to three days, and you may either pick up your passport from the VAC facility or have it sent to you by courier.
About Dr Raju’s
Dr Raju’s came into being in 2006 when our founder Dr Prasad Raju came back to India after finishing his Master’s in the USA and realized the lack of high-quality services in Coaching and University Consultancy. He had been a reputed professor and a career guide to plenty of engineering students by then, and so, he began to train Masters aspirants to get into top universities. Thus Dr Raju’s Academy was established, where every year hundreds of students are guided to top-notch Masters’ programs in diverse fields of study. Many of our alumni are currently in leadership positions at MNCs across various industries.
Dr Raju’s mission is to enable aspirants to get into specialized and in-demand master’s courses, which significantly impact their careers.
With a vision to make our expertise reachable to all genuine aspirants who are passionate about pursuing higher education at Universities across the world, at Dr Raju’s, we care about the careers of our students as if it’s our own.
Trainers & counsellors at Dr Raju’s strive to deliver the most effective training & guidance providing fair and unbiased service to each and every student and we aim to foster a community in which members help each other in their career progression.
Dr Raju’s provides the best immigration services in Hyderabad providing services like coaching in GRE, IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, DUOLINGO and application guidance along with USA, B2, F1 & H1B visas.
Being one of the top immigration services in Hyderabad, Dr Raju’s also provides dependent, work and visit visas so you can visit your friends or spouses or even work in the US.
Requisites for B2 Visa
- Your passport
- Proof of funds
- SOP of visiting the US
- Valid insurance coverage
- Details of who you are staying with and the location
- Flight tickets
- Evidence supporting you will return to your home country
- Financial paperwork
- Insurance and other supporting documentation
The Application Process
- Fill out the DS-160 form.
- You must pay the visa fees.
- Schedule your tourist visa interview at a US embassy or consulate.
- Prepare the application for a B-2 visa.
- Attend the visa interview.
- If you’ve applied for a US tourist visa, you’ll be scheduled for a visa interview during which the officials will probe into the purpose of your trip and your itinerary.
B2 Visa Interview
- In your residential country, schedule an appointment for your B2 visa interview.
Search for your residential country at the official website USEmbassy.gov to find the nearest embassy or consulate to your area along with its contact details.
- Consider the wait time: According to the venue, the wait time is different. Along with the season or visa category. Hence, we suggest you apply early.
- Complete the payment of the non-refundable visa application fee.
- Keep the documentation ready:
– A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months after your departure from the US.
– For non-immigrant visa applications, type the DS-160 confirmation page.
– The transaction fee receipt.
– Visitor visa requirement satisfied printed photo.
– Rehearse the answers for the general FAQs
you enter the US on a B1/B2 visa, you may change your status to a non-immigrant visa status if you qualify and find an employer who can sponsor and process a working visa for you.
No, you can apply for a visa even if you have no specific notion of when or where you will go to the United States. You might intend to visit in the near future.
For example: If you are issued a six-month visa, you must travel to the United States within six months or your visa will expire and you will be required to apply for a new visa.
Fraudulent visa applications are a tiny percentage of all those denied. They do, however, reject individuals for insufficient documents (Section 221 (g). In the majority of instances, persons who are turned down under Section 221 (g) are required to return with further evidence or documentation and eventually qualify for a visa.
Consular officers are instructed to issue the most extended validity visas feasible under the authority of the Department of State. It saves both time and work for everyone concerned. The maximum period for B1/B2 visas issued to Indians is ten years. This is in keeping with reciprocity as a principle.
The consular official may restrict the visa’s validity if he or she feels it is necessary. If the applicant plans to visit the United States for the first time, an officer is more likely to do this than someone who has previously visited or lived in other countries. The next time a person applies for a 10-year (B1/B2) visa, he or she should have no problem if there are no unusual circumstances.
You are free to apply for a new visa at any time by not waiting for your current visa’s expiry. However, please keep in mind that the duration of your authorized stay in the US is determined by the date on Form I-94, as given by an immigration officer at the port of entry.